I usually think of soups as a huge undertaking. I tend to save them for a weekend meal, but this one is fast and easy enough to make during the week. It took me about 30 minutes to put the whole thing together and it came out really yummy and comforting. I included the recipe below. One tip: if your making it to have leftovers, cook the tortellini in a separate pot and add into each soup bowl as you eat. Enjoy!
- one medium onion
- one large zucchini
- 3 large fresh tomatos or one can diced tomatos
- one bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb mushroom tortellini (you can use any kind of tortellini you prefer)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Chop the onion, garlic, and zucchini. Sautee them in a large pot in olive oil over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until they become soft.
- Chop and add the tomatos.
- Add the chicken stock. Reduce heat to a simmer and season with salt and pepper. Allow the soup to simmer for about 10 minutes so the flavor can come together.
- Return the soup to a boil and add the tortellini.
- When the tortellini is cooked add in the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Serve hot and enjoy!